I know you heard growing up that fruits are good for you but how good for your hair as well? When your hair is dry and in need of moisture give it fruits! This banana hair mask will add plenty of shine to your lifeless hair. Bananas are filled with lots of antioxidants, vitamin c and other goodness that your hair will love.
When I found out about this hair mask my hair was sooo dry, but what natural coily haired person hair isn't dry? When I came across this hair mask I instantly had to try after I seen how moisturized and smooth it left people hair who tried it. I never been the type that's scared to try different things on my hair because my hair probably needs it, but this hair mask is the bomb. Literally as soon as I put it on my hair my hair curled right up and this time I didn't have frizzy curls, my curls had definition. To get moisturized curls heres what you need
- 1 ripe banana ( 2 if you have long hair )
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
When blending these ingredients together its best to use a blender or stick blender. You don't want any chunks it makes its easier to wash out. Please make sure you get a creamy paste consistency because its not cute to have banana chunks in your hair. If to want to save yourself the hassle of all that blending you can use banana baby food puree. This step will also prevent the banana from getting stuck in your hair.
How to use
- Apply this mask to freshly washed hair and start from your roots and work your way to the ends. Slather as much as you can, making sure you have every bit of your scalp and strands are covered in the mask. To ensure that every strand is coated its best to work in sections.
- Put hair up into a bun and put on a shower cap so that it wont drip all over the place it can get a little messy.
- Leave this on for 30 minutes but if you know your hair need the moisture its best to leave it in for an hour like me. While you wait you can read a book or more blogs on our website or watch your favorite show.
- Rinse hair thoroughly and shampoo as usual. When it came to this part I skipped shampooing because I don't shampoo my hair being that its already in need of moisture and I need all the moisture I can get. So I skip shampoo and conditioned my hair with my favorite Aussie Mega Moist.